1. What is a Credit Health Check-Up and why should I ask for one?
When it comes to your credit history, it really does pay to know your credit score! At First Capital Federal Credit Union, we offer a FREE Credit Health Check-Up. By offering this service, we have helped many members improve their credit score and save money. Your credit score is used by many companies to make credit decisions and to determine your rate.
During the Credit Health Check-Up process, we will:
- Review and educate you on the information contained in your credit report to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Find ways to save you money by comparing your current interest rates to make sure you are getting the best offer available.
- Provide tips on how you can improve or establish your credit score.
A Credit Health Check-Up is also a great tool for preventing identity theft. With more data breaches occurring every day, it's important to make sure your information is correct. Please click here to start the Credit Health Check-Up process.
2. What is the cost for a Credit Health Check-Up?
3. What are my payment options for my loan?
Mail, phone, online, automatic payment, or pay in person at a branch.
4. What is GAP?
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) bridges the gap between the amount you owe on your vehicle and the amount your auto insurance company pays in the event your vehicle is totaled or stolen and not recovered. When you're buying a new or used vehicle, you may not realize that even the best insurance may not cover the entire amount you owe on your auto loan. If you file a claim for theft or an accident resulting in the total loss of your covered vehicle, your GAP policy will give you an additional bonus of $1,000 towards your new car when you finance it with First Capital! Avoid the "gap" and protect yourself and your investment with GAP. For more information about GAP, call us at (717) 767-5551 to speak with a Member Service Officer.
5. What types of vehicles do you finance?
New and Used autos, Classic and Antique autos, Trucks, SUVs, Boats, Jet Skies, RVs, Campers, Travel Trailers, and Four Wheelers
6. What is a Skip-A-Payment?
Once a year, First Capital offers the convenience to skip a loan payment.
7. What types of loans are eligible for the Skip-A-Payment?
All loan types except Home Equity Line of Credit loans are eligible.
8. Is there a fee to skip a loan payment?
Yes, $35.00 per loan.
9. How many times can I skip a payment?
One time per loan per calendar year.
10. How long must my loan be open before I can request a Skip-A-Payment?
You must make your 1st monthly payment before a skip can be requested.
11. If my loan is set-up for weekly, bi-weekly, or semi-monthly payments can I skip a payment?
- Loans paid WEEKLY – Will skip the next four payments
- Loans paid BI-WEEKLY – will skip the next two payments
- Loans paid SEMI-MONTHLY – will skip the next two payments
- Loans paid MONTHLY – will skip one payment
12. Do you have student loans available?
Yes, click here to visit our CU Student Choice page.
13. What is payment protection?
Payment protection is a voluntary payment protection product that may cancel or suspend your loan payment should you experience an unexpected, protected life event.
This coverage provides:
- Peace of mind by helping you to avoid missing loan payments and protects your credit
- Loss of life protection, including those caused by acts of war
- Disability protection, including those caused by acts of war
- Involuntary unemployment protection
Mobile App FAQs
1. Do I need to be a member of First Capital Federal Credit Union to use the Mobile App?
Yes. Please visit www.firstcapitalfcu.com and click Become a Member at the top or bottom of the page.
2. Why should I have First Capital's Mobile App?
It's our always-on access to your membership. You can view account balances, transaction history, and check images. You can also transfer funds, deposit checks through Mobile Check Deposit, and send money to friends, family, or companies.
3. On what devices can I install the Mobile App?
Our Mobile App is compatible with Android and Apple devices. Android devices must be running Android 5.0 or higher. Apple devices must be running iOS 10.0 or higher.
4. Can I change my password using the Mobile App??
Our Mobile App and Online Banking share the same login credentials. Please visit www.firstcapitalfcu.com and sign into Online Banking to change your password.
5. Can I get locked out of my account?
Yes. Our Mobile App and Online Banking share the same security controls and will prevent access after several failed sign-in attempts. To regain access to your membership, please complete the online form or call us at (717) 767-5551.
6. Is First Capital's Mobile App secure?
Yes. We use SSL encryption to communicate securely with all services. First Capital FCU always uses state-of-the-art security measures to protect your data, no matter how you choose to access your accounts.
Mobile Check Deposit FAQs
1. What is Mobile Check Deposit?
First Capital Federal Credit Union members can deposit checks using Mobile Check Deposit and the camera on their iOS or Android mobile device through First Capital’s mobile application.
2. Why would I use Mobile Check Deposit?
Enjoy the convenience of making deposits on your time schedule and in the comfort of your home or workplace.
3. Is Mobile Check Deposit available to all First Capital members?
Members must qualify for access to this service based on the following criteria:
- Membership is open 30 days
- Member must have an email address on file
- Member must be 18 years of age or older
- Membership is not a Trust, Rep Payee, Estate, or Custodial
For additional questions, please contact us at [email protected] or call (717) 767-5551 to speak with a Member Service Representative.
4. Is Mobile Check Deposit secure?
Yes. We use SSL encryption to communicate securely with our services, as well as state-of-the-art security measures to protect your personal information and account(s).
5. What are the system requirements for Mobile Check Deposit?
You must have an Android phone or iPhone and the latest version of the First Capital mobile app.
6. Do I have to be a member of First Capital FCU to use Mobile Check Deposit?
Yes, you must be a member. Find more information on how to become a member.
7. Do I have to enroll in Mobile Check Deposit to use it?
Yes. You will be asked to accept the terms of agreement the first time you use it.
8. Can my Mobile Check Deposit eligibility be revoked?
Yes. First Capital reserves the right to revoke access to Mobile Check Deposit without prior notification.
9. Can I cancel Mobile Check Deposit?
This service is available for you to use at your discretion, just discontinue using the feature on the app.
10. Can I deposit to any of my shares with Mobile Check Deposit?
You can use Mobile Check Deposit to deposit funds to your Primary Share/Savings, All Purpose Share/Savings or Share Draft/Checking accounts.
11. Can I deposit any check with Mobile Check Deposit?
You should only use Mobile Check Deposit for domestic checks not drawn on your own account. Checks must be made payable to a member/joint-member of the share and must have the proper endorsement on the back.
- Check is stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark
- Check shows any evidence of alteration
- Check is issued by a financial institution in a foreign country
- Check is incomplete
- Check is “Stale-dated” or “post-dated”
- Savings bonds
- Third party checks
- Any items with a restrictive endorsement
- Money orders
- Travelers Checks
- A check previously converted to a “substitute check,” as defined by Regulation CC
12. Should I endorse the back of the check?
Yes. If you don't endorse the back of the check, your Mobile Check Deposit will not go through. Your endorsement should include the signature of all payees noted on the face of the check AND the restrictive endorsement “For Mobile Deposit Only at First Capital FCU."
13. I inadvertently selected the wrong account for the deposit. What should I do?
You may transfer funds using one of First Capital’s many, convenient transfer options.
14. Can I view Mobile Check Deposit check images online?
Not at this time.
15. What should I do with the check once it's been accepted with Mobile Check Deposit?
Upon receipt of confirmation from First Capital FCU that the check image has been received, prominently mark the item with the reference number provided. Retain the check in a secure location for 60 days and then destroy the original check. This is a completely electronic process and you do not need to mail the physical check to First Capital FCU.
16. Who can I contact for more information or assistance with the application?
If you need further information or assistance, you may contact us at [email protected]or call (717) 767-5551 to speak with a Member Service Representative.
17. What do I do if I can't get Mobile Check Deposit to work?
Review the Troubleshooting Tips to assist with using the application. If you need further assistance, contact us at [email protected] or call (717) 767-5551 to speak with a Member Service Representative.
18. Are there any fees associated with Mobile Check Deposit?
Currently First capital does not charge a fee for this service. However, we reserve the right to institute a fee should the need arise in the future.
19. What do I do if I accidentally present a “duplicate” check?
Contact First Capital immediately by emailing [email protected] or calling (717) 767-5551.
20. How will I know that my deposit was accepted and credited to my account?
On the Deposit Status screen, you will see the words, "Deposit accepted.” And under that, “Thank you for using Mobile Check Deposit.” A notification will be sent to your email address on file when the deposit has been credited to your account.
21. What if I don’t receive an email notification?
Please contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling (717) 767-5551 to make sure we have the correct email address on file.
22. When is my money available for use?
Deposits made outside regular business hours will be credited the next business day. For Mobile Check Deposit, business days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., excluding Credit Union holidays. The availability of deposits made via Mobile Check Deposit will be dictated per Reg CC guidelines as noted in the Funds Availability Disclosure.
23. Are there deposit limits associated with Mobile Check Deposit?
There is a $10,000.00 single check limit for Mobile Check Deposit. There is no limit on the number of transactions a member may complete via Mobile Check Deposit in a single day.
24. Can I deposit more than one check at a time?
You can only deposit one check at a time using Mobile Check Deposit. However, there is no limit on the number of transactions you can complete.
25. Is my Mobile Check Deposit subject to a hold?
Generally, deposits are made available for use immediately. However, in some cases a hold may apply. Refer to the Funds Availability Disclosure.
26. Why is my balance not reflecting my recent Mobile Check Deposit?
Your Mobile Check Deposit will not immediately post to your account. Items will be reviewed within one business day.
27. Do you have any troubleshooting tips?
Steps to capture the check images:
- After entering the dollar amount of the check, tap “Capture Check Front” to enable the camera.
- After successfully capturing the front image, wait for “Capture Check Back” to appear, and then tap it to enable the camera.
- If the camera does not focus properly on the image, close the camera window and click “Capture Check Front” or “Capture Check Back” to enable the camera again.
The check image is not accepted:
- Ensure the numbers printed on the bottom of the check Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) line are clear and readable.
- Check for any stray writing or other markings in the MICR line that could prevent Mobile Check Deposit from clearly reading the numbers.
- Ensure that the MICR line was not cropped out, which would prevent Mobile Check Deposit from clearly reading the numbers.
- Use a dark background, clear of shadows, to take the picture of the check.