First Capital is hiring an Accounting Clerk. The Accounting Clerk will take responsibility for performing support services for the Accounting Department in such areas as data input, filing, scanning, reconciling, monitoring and the disbursement of accounts payable. The role requires a strong knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to work with all departments of the Credit Union.
- Assign general ledger numbers to any expenses and distribute invoices for approval signatures.
- Acquire a W-9 from new vendors and complete form for approval and set up in the AP system.
- Enter all vendor invoices into AP system regardless of the payment method.
- Prepare and distribute Performance report weekly.
- Report daily to IRS EFT withholding payment due.
- Annually file form 945 to the IRS to report daily IRS withholding by January 31st.
- Process Fed returns and store for easy retrieval for research.
- Reconcile overdraft privilege charge offs and recoveries on a monthly basis.
- Post entries to the general ledger for reconcilements, investments, daily entries, etc., as needed.
- Review and reconcile the ATM cardholder settlement daily.
Hours/Schedule: Monday—Friday, 8:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m.
- An Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited post-secondary institution is recommended. However, an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- A minimum of three years experience in an accounting, bookkeeping or related position is required.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of accounting software is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, attention to detail, and accuracy are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (general calculations, decimals, percentages, fractions).
- Requires employee to be bondable.
If this is you, apply now. Submit your application materials to [email protected] for consideration.
First Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values the contribution of our employees. We offer a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.