Member Service Officers (MSO)
First Capital is seeking full-time Member Service Officers at our West and East York Branches. Member Service Officers (MSOs) are a vital part of our member service team and play a crucial role in helping our branches meet their goals.
As an MSO, you will be a champion for helping members become more engaged with the credit union through the “You First” principles of service which include engaging members in conversation to assess needs, clearly explaining the features and benefits of our products and services and successfully building and nurturing long-term relationships with members and their businesses.
Embrace and demonstrate the “You First” member service principles for providing excellent member service. Possess knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to identify member needs and guide them to products that will provide real solutions, foster the general well-being of members by responding to loan requests promptly and professionally, resolve problems and develop productive relationships that instill confidence and build trust.
Commitment to Quality
Accurately and efficiently conduct a variety of processes including credit interviews, approval or denial of credit applications and maintenance and closure of all loan and deposit products. MSOs also display a thorough knowledge of, and comply with, all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposits and loans and adhere to credit union operational and security procedures to ensure compliance, prevent fraud and protect the assets of members and the credit union.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two to three years of experience in a financial institution or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sales skills and the ability to engage members in conversation. Candidates must be willing to ask questions in order to determine needs, recommend products and services, and support overall branch goals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include possible evening or Saturday hours based on branch needs
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to attend training courses and seminars as necessary and meet annual certification requirements
- Must be bondable and eligible to register and maintain licensing as a mortgage loan officer (MLO) on the NMLS system.
- Consumer lending experience is preferred, but not required.
First Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and opportunities for professional growth in a team-oriented, high achieving, friendly and collaborative environment.
If you have a passion for culture, brand, and employee, community and member well-being, please forward a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
AVP, Business Services
First Capital has an exciting opportunity to join our team as our AVP of Business Services. As director for the department, this position will manage the operations of the Business Services Department and lead the Credit Union’s initiatives to provide loans, deposit products, and outstanding service to our business members in the York Community. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated business services experience within a financial institution and the ability to motivate and lead a team to success!
If you are seeking a challenging role in upper level management in Business Services and feel this is the position for you, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- 2 to 5 Years of experience working in business/commercial services with a financial institution.
- Knowledge of commercial service operations, platforms, products, and services.
- Strong business development and networking skills.
- Proficiency in business loan decisioning, credit analysis, and pricing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires completion of high school education. Bachelor's degree preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
First Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, high-achieving, friendly and collaborative environment.
If you are seeking a challenging upper level management career in Commercial/Business Services, have a passion for culture, brand, and employee, community and member well-being, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected].