First Capital is seeking a Training Specialist. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position that will be based at our West York Branch. This position is primarily responsible for facilitating training for current and newly hired First Capital employees in a variety of areas including operations, member service, products and services, and compliance. The incumbent will utilize a variety of learning tools and methods suited to adult learners. The incumbent will work with various department managers to develop training programs and provide feedback in support of the Credit Union’s organizational priorities.
- Conducts soft skill or technical training for applicable Credit Union employees as needed. Training may be in group settings, one-on-one or via the Web. Requires working with trainees/Members in a branch setting.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire training including First Capital Federal Credit Union’s You F!rst core values, products and services, branch tours and compliance.
- Assists department managers and other subject matter experts in developing and providing training as needed.
- Tracks the progress of trainees through class evaluations, routine tests, observation, and feedback from supervisors. Evaluates the effectiveness of the current training, adjusting as necessary to program content.
- Creates and keeps materials and handouts updated as needed for class participants. May include written documents and training videos.
- Maintains training records for employees.
- Maintains an understanding of, and is current on, all training class content including Teller procedures, products and services, compliance, etc. Can learn and apply current information quickly.
- Demonstrates ability to filter out the key learning points and create training program curriculum from meetings with department managers or others.
- Effectively communicates with internal stakeholders. Works through any learning obstacles an employee may have, making recommendations to resolve them.
- Two to five years’ experience in workplace training or adult learning environments. Prior experience with Training, Operations, or Human Resources in credit unions or banking environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree in Business, Education, Communications or related field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to train, motivate, and influence others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop rapport and trust. Must demonstrate professionalism and strong presentation skills.
- Proficient PC skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Must also be able to navigate online training programs, tools, and software for adult learners.
- Good judgement and decision making ability in order to self-direct in managing day to day tasks and projects and meet deadlines.
- Requires flexibility, developed problem-solving skills, and the ability to focus on details.
First Capital offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit program and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume detailing their qualifications for the position to HR@firstcapitalfcu.com.