Business Services Officer (Commercial Accounts)
At First Capital, the financial well-being of our members and dedication to our community come FIRST.
We are seeking a professional, energetic, upbeat, and experienced Business Services Officer that will engage business owners in the community and successfully develop long-term business relationships. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience understanding the goals of business owners and matching Credit Union products and services to meet their needs.
- Responsible for developing new prospects and obtaining new business members.
- Possess knowledge of all Credit Union products and services and how they help our business members.
- Serve as a supportive, productive and reliable team member in all interactions with co-workers and in the timely completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Achieve assigned goals by following up with referrals, outside calling, and finding opportunities to build and expand member relationships.
- Manage business relationships and submit loan requests for underwriting and approval.
- Build productive relationships with members that increase their active use of Business Credit Union products and services by utilizing the cross-selling process.
- Learn about member businesses and their future, as well as the members borrowing needs and ability to repay debt.
- Conduct deposit and loan credit interviews with existing and potential business members and recommend products and services to meet the business owners' needs.
- Ability to gather all required documentation needed by the Business Credit Analyst to fully evaluate a loan request.
- Ability to work with specialty businesses such as realtors, attorneys and CPAs, while promoting the Credit Union, in a professional and effective manner.
- Display a thorough knowledge of, and comply with, all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposits and loans.
- 3 years of progressive consumer or business sales experience
- Customer Focused with knowledge of business banking products preferred
- Strong relationship development and cross-selling skills
- Excellent communication skills (in-person, phone, written)
- Ability to have credible business conversations with business owners and community professionals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include possible evening hours or weekend hours based on need
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- A positive and professional image within the workplace and community
- Requires completion of high school education. Bachelor's degree preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
If you have a desire for developing business relationships in the community, assisting business owners with their financial needs, and feel this is the position for you, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience.
Qualified candidates should email resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
First Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, positive and supportive environment.
Part–Time Member Service Representatives (Tellers)
First Capital is seeking part-time Member Service Representatives at our East York and South York branch locations. Member Service Representatives (MSRs) are a key part of our member service team and play an important role in helping our branches meet their overall goals.
As an MSR, you will be building stronger member relationships through the “YouFirst” principles of service which include greeting members promptly and enthusiastically, accurately and efficiently handling a variety of routine teller transactions and clearly explaining the features and benefits of our products and services. MSRs assist members in becoming more engaged with the credit union by communicating the benefits and rewards of greater member loyalty.
Top candidates will have:
- Completion of high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of six months customer service/cash handling experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sales skills and the ability to engage members in conversation to determine needs and recommend products and services
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evening or Saturday hours based on branch needs
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
This is a great opportunity for individuals who are self-motivated, service-oriented and possess strong communication skills.
First Capital offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Qualified candidates should email a resume to [email protected]