Consumer Lending Manager (AVP Level)
First Capital Federal Credit Union is seeking an experienced Consumer Lending Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for managing consumer lending operations and ensuring loan decisions and processes work in accordance with Credit Union policy and procedures. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Consumer Lending Manager will manage and lead all consumer lending functions and will drive the development of products, services, and procedures. This position ensures compliance with state and federal lending laws, monitors and analyzes economic conditions affecting the consumer loan department and recommends appropriate action.
- Manages consumer lending and collections functions, which include underwriting, loan processing, loan documentation and approval and/or denial of loans.
- Supervises lending department staff, which includes hiring, training, reviewing, scheduling and assignment of duties.
- Directs training to Loan Officers on analyzing loan applications and making sound lending decisions.
- Maintains knowledge in all regulatory requirements regarding lending including underwriting criteria and regulations.
- Ensures proper audit procedures are followed to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Communicates First Capital goals and direction with all consumer lending team members to ensure clear understanding of rules, regulations, policies and expectations.
- Ensures Consumer Lending Department personnel are effectively trained.
- Responsible for adherence to internal policies and compliance with state and federal regulations as it pertains to consumer lending.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of current policies and procedures. Recommends and participates in the formulation of new policies and procedures as required.
- Assists and participates in projects, review and monitor review and installation of new systems, vendors, and promotions to ensure timely, compliant implementations. Duties include communication of important information to affected credit union staff.
- Assists the VP of Operations in developing short and long-term goals and plans for the Consumer Lending Department.
- Minimum 5 years experience in consumer lending including underwriting, one year of which should be in a management or supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; however, a combination of experience and education will qualify.
- Knowledge of consumer lending policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Requires well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment with all levels of management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be eligible to register and maintain licensing as a mortgage loan officer (MLO) on the NMLS system.
- Must be bondable
First Capital offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
If you are an experienced consumer lender with a desire to improve production, lead a team, and create an excellent lending experience, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Member Service Officer (MSO)
First Capital is seeking a full-time Member Service Officer at our headquarters branch in West York. Member Service Officers (MSOs) are a vital part of our member service team and play a crucial role in helping our branches meet their goals.
As an MSO, you will be a champion for helping members become more engaged with the credit union through the “You First” principles of service which include engaging members in conversation to assess needs, clearly explaining the features and benefits of our products and services and successfully building and nurturing long term relationships with members and their businesses.
Embrace and demonstrate the “You First” member service principles for providing excellent member service. Possess knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to identify member needs and guide them to products that will provide real solutions, foster the general well-being of members by responding to loan requests promptly and professionally, resolve problems and develop productive relationships that instill confidence and build trust.
Commitment to Quality
Accurately and efficiently conduct a variety of processes including credit interviews, approval or denial of credit applications and maintenance and closure of all loan and deposit products. MSOs also display a thorough knowledge of, and comply with, all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposits and loans and adhere to credit union operational and security procedures to ensure compliance, prevent fraud and protect the assets of members and the credit union.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two to three years of experience in a financial institution or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sales skills and the ability to engage members in conversation. Candidates must be willing to ask questions in order to determine needs, recommend products and services, and support overall branch goals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include possible evening or Saturday hours based on branch needs
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to attend training courses and seminars as necessary and meet annual certification requirements
- Must be bondable and eligible to register and maintain licensing as a mortgage loan officer (MLO) on the NMLS system.
- Consumer lending experience is preferred, but not required.
First Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to: mailto://firstname.lastname@example.org.