Member Service Officer (MSO)
First Capital is seeking a full-time Member Service Officer at our South York Branch. Member Service Officers (MSOs) are a vital part of our member service team and play a crucial role in helping our branches meet their goals.
As an MSO, you will be a champion for helping members become more engaged with the credit union through the “You First” principles of service which include engaging members in conversation to assess needs, clearly explaining the features and benefits of our products and services and successfully building and nurturing long term relationships with members and their businesses.
Embrace and demonstrate the “You First” member service principles for providing excellent member service. Possess knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to identify member needs and guide them to products that will provide real solutions, foster the general well-being of members by responding to loan requests promptly and professionally, resolve problems and develop productive relationships that instill confidence and build trust.
Commitment to Quality
Accurately and efficiently conduct a variety of processes including credit interviews, approval or denial of credit applications and maintenance and closure of all loan and deposit products. MSOs also display a thorough knowledge of, and comply with, all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposits and loans and adhere to credit union operational and security procedures to ensure compliance, prevent fraud and protect the assets of members and the credit union.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two to three years of experience in a financial institution or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sales skills and the ability to engage members in conversation. Candidates must be willing to ask questions in order to determine needs, recommend products and services, and support overall branch goals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include possible evening or Saturday hours based on branch needs
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to attend training courses and seminars as necessary and meet annual certification requirements
- Must be bondable and eligible to register and maintain licensing as a mortgage loan officer (MLO) on the NMLS system.
- Consumer lending experience is preferred, but not required.
First Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
First Capital is growing and we are hiring a Staff Accountant. The primary responsibility of the Staff Accountant is to provide assistance and support to the Controller and the Accounting Department as needed. Following established accounting processes, the Staff Accountant will help to ensure an appropriate compliance environment, review and reconcile general ledger accounts, handle journal entries and assist with month end/quarter end processes. The role will require a solid knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to work with all departments of the Credit Union.
- Assist the Controller with the month end process to close accounting month.
- Follow the Credit Union’s established accounting processes.
- Maintain prepaid and depreciation records and reconcile associated general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile the Provisional Credit general ledger.
- Assist the Controller with quarterly reporting to various government entities.
- Balance daily check deposits and resolve any discrepancies.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts daily to ensure accuracy.
- Post entries to the general ledger as needed.
- Prepare documentation for auditors.
- Perform a variety of activities necessary to assist Credit Union management in maintaining the financial, statistical and accounting records of the Credit Union.
Hours/Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- An Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited post-secondary institution is recommended. However, an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- 3+ years experience in accounting or related field is required.
- Ability to read and understand financial reports.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, attention to detail, and accuracy are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work on credit union holidays to support business functions when necessary.
- Requires employee to be bondable.
If the above description appeals to you and fits your background, please submit your application materials to [email protected] and join the First Capital team today!
First Capital values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.