School Branch Coordinator, Eagles Nest branch
First Capital is hiring a part-time School Branch Coordinator at the Eagles Nest, a branch of First Capital Federal Credit Union located at Dover Area High School. The School Branch Coordinator will play a key role in developing the partnership between First Capital Federal Credit Union, the High School, and the Community.
As the School Branch Coordinator, you will supervise the Eagles Nest, a branch of First Capital Federal Credit Union at Dover Area High School. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to use your love of working with people and sharing product knowledge to play a vital role in the students’ banking experience. This includes training high school student(s) on how to perform a wide variety of transactions including check cashing, deposits, transfers, and withdrawals. This person will also assist the Marketing & Business Development department to help attract, expand, and retain credit union members who reside within the Dover Area School District footprint. The School Branch Coordinator will also be responsible for financial-related lessons for the area School Districts and will represent First Capital at school-affiliated events and activities at Dover. We seek an outgoing, passionate person who is excited to be part of this exciting school banking experience.
The assigned employee must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values (You First) of the organization in a positive manner.
- This is a 10-month position. Mid-August through Mid-June. Exact dates will be determined in part by the Dover Area High School academic calendar.
- Estimated 20 - 22 hours per week. Requires a flexible schedule (possibly to include evenings and weekends) as hours will often be determined by the needs of the organization and the needs of the Dover Area School District.
- Represents First Capital FCU at Dover Area High School events (football games, PTO meetings, etc.) to promote and cross-sell credit union products and services to students, parents, and employees at Dover Area High School.
- Supervises the Eagles Nest, a branch of First Capital Federal Credit Union at Dover Area High School and oversees the high school student(s) who work in the branch.
- Conducts financial education lessons and activities for Dover and potentially other School Districts.
- Opens accounts and performs routine member transactions, including but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, and check cashing.
- Operates MSR station. Opens, closes, and balances branch while complying with MSR procedures and accuracy standards established for position.
- Distributes financial education materials to the schools and may conduct presentations in classrooms.
- Plans and develops strategic Eagles Nest outreach calendar in conjunction with the Community and Business Development Manager.
- Tracks, measures, and reports Eagles Nest goal fulfillment.
- Represents First Capital FCU in the community (i.e. Dover Dollars for Scholars Board of Directors).
- Writes press releases on our youth efforts for the youth section of the website with oversight from the VP of Marketing & Business Development.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in retail sales, customer service, or a financial institution.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently to expedite tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with a diverse group of members, vendors, and co-workers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Work requires knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), Canva, social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn), or a willingness to learn these and other software programs as needed.
- Must be bondable, have a valid driver’s license, and pass school background checks.
If the School Branch Coordinator position appeals to you and fits your background, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and join the First Capital team today!
Member Service Officer (MSO) - South York
First Capital is seeking a full-time Member Service Officer at our South York Branch. Member Service Officers (MSOs) are a vital part of our member service team and play a crucial role in helping our branches meet their goals.
As an MSO, you will be a champion for helping members become more engaged with the credit union through the “You First” principles of service which include engaging members in conversation to assess needs, clearly explaining the features and benefits of our products and services and successfully building and nurturing long term relationships with members and their businesses.
Embrace and demonstrate the “You First” member service principles for providing excellent member service. Possess knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to identify member needs and guide them to products that will provide real solutions, foster the general well-being of members by responding to loan requests promptly and professionally, resolve problems and develop productive relationships that instill confidence and build trust.
Commitment to Quality
Accurately and efficiently conduct a variety of processes including credit interviews, approval or denial of credit applications and maintenance and closure of all loan and deposit products. MSOs also display a thorough knowledge of, and comply with, all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposits and loans and adhere to credit union operational and security procedures to ensure compliance, prevent fraud and protect the assets of members and the credit union.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two to three years of experience in a financial institution or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sales skills and the ability to engage members in conversation
- Candidates must be willing to ask questions in order to determine needs, recommend products and services, and support overall branch goals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include possible evening or Saturday hours based on branch needs
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to attend training courses and seminars as necessary and meet annual certification requirements
- Must be bondable and eligible to register and maintain licensing as a mortgage loan officer (MLO) on the NMLS system
- Consumer lending experience is preferred
First Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, high achieving, friendly and collaborative environment.
If you have a passion for culture, brand, and employee, community and member well-being, please forward a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].