Better Than Your Bank
What is a Credit Union? How does it differ from a Bank? Credit unions and banks exist to provide financial services. Their similarities end there and the differences that make credit unions unique begin to become more evident.
What Sets Us Apart: the First Capital Difference
- Deposits insured up to $500,000
- First Capital Star Rewards Program® allows you to earn free benefits just by using your account
- Local decision-making
- Free Kasasa® checking accounts that pay you monthly cash rewards
- Free educational seminars
- Financial education program for schools
- Discounted tickets (Hersheypark, Frank's Theatres, and more)
Safe & Secure
National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
Accounts at First Capital are insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency, up to $250,000.
Excess Share Insurance Corporation (ESI)
First Capital also offers additional insurance through Excess Share Insurance Corporation (ESI), a licensed insurance company. ESI covers your account up to an additional $250,000, at no charge. That means your savings are automatically insured up to $500,000, at no cost e.g. a couple with (two) individual accounts and a joint account is covered up to $1,000,000 with the NCUA and an additional $1,000,000 with ESI for a total of TWO million dollars! Additionally, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are insured up to $250,000 through the NCUA and $250,000 through ESI. ESI, providing real peace of mind for your nest egg!