We're Here For You!
First Capital Federal Credit Union understands the hardships you may be facing, and we want you to know you are not alone. We have several financial options to help you through this difficult time.
Personal Account Options:
- Overdraft Privilege: for more information on this service, please click here
- Loan Skip-a-Pay: First Capital will accept Skip-a-Pay requests for members with qualifying loans and waive the $35 fee for up to two months. To apply, call 717.767.5551 and select option #5 (during business hours) to speak to a Member Service Officer.
- Credit Card Skip-a-Pay: this option will appear on your next credit card statement
- Student Loan 3-Month COVID-19 Forbearance Process: contact a Student Choice Representative at 800.723.2210 to discuss your forbearance options.
- 1st Mortgage COVID-19 Emergency Forbearance: please call 800.808.2662 ext. 52457 to speak with our Mortgage Forbearance Specialist
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): if you have a HELOC, you can transfer funds from your HELOC right into your checking account. Just give us a call at 717-767-5551 and speak to a Member Service Representative.
- First Line of Credit (FLOC): if you have a FLOC, remember you can transfer funds directly from your FLOC right into your checking account through online banking.
- Emergency Assistance Personal Loan:
- Borrow up to $2,500
- As low as 4.99% APR*
- Up to 24-month term
- To Apply: Click here and select Personal Loan or you may visit our website or call us at 717.767.5551, select Option #5 and ask to speak to a Member Service Officer.
Business Account Options:
- Overdraft Privilege: for more information on this service, please click here
- Interest-Only Loans: for impacted business loans
- Other options are available
Please email [email protected] or call us at 717.767.5551, select option #5 and ask to speak to a Business Services Officer with questions concerning your account.
If you are a small business owner with questions regarding COVID-19 small business assistance, here are two great resources to check out: PreparedYork.com and SBA.gov
If you need any financial help during this time, please don't hesitate to reach out. We will work with you. Thank you for your membership. We can get through this together!
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. 4.99% for up to 24 months. All loans subject to credit approval. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change at any time and may vary based on credit worthiness, qualification, and collateral conditions. Offer valid on new money only and cannot be used on existing First Capital Federal Credit Union loans. Estimated monthly payment of $43.88 per $1,000.00 borrowed @ 4.99% APR for 24 months. Minimum credit score of 640. Maximum loan amount of $2500, with a maximum term of 24 months. Cannot be combined with any other offer other than the Star Rewards 3-Star discount. Effective Now - April 30, 2020.-April 1, 2020
Your Money is Safe & Sound!Per Governor Wolf’s mandate last night, financial institutions ARE deemed life-sustaining businesses, therefore our drive-thrus remain OPEN during regular business hours. Rest assured, we are practicing social distancing, wearing gloves, and sanitizing our branches, which includes our drive-thru equipment. However, we also highly encourage the use of our electronic services to conduct business.
Despite the ever changing landscape, please know that your money is SAFE AND SOUND! All deposits at federally insured credit unions are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, with deposits insured up to $250,000 per individual. Plus, First Capital takes it one step further by providing you with Excess Share Insurance (ESI), for FREE, which gives you an additional $250,000 in deposit insurance for a total of $500,000! First Capital is one of only 12 institutions in the state that offer this coverage. Additional information is available at MyCreditUnion.gov or www.excessshare.com.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by calling 717.767.5551 or 800.893.2328. We are here to help! And remember, we are all in this together!
First Capital's Drive-Thrus Remain Open!In accordance with Governor Wolf's mandate, First Capital's drive-thrus will remain open during normal business hours. First Capital is considered a life sustaining business. Please note: we are taking all precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and members. We are practicing social distancing, using gloves, and sanitizing our branches. Thank you for your membership and stay safe!!
Drive-Thru Only Hours go into effect on March 18, 2020 at Noon!Due to the rapidly changing conditions surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, First Capital has made the decision to move to drive-thru only service effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at Noon. This decision will protect both you and our staff by creating social distancing as recommended by the state and federal government. All First Capital drive-thrus will be open during the following times:
Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
We are here for our members:Your safety and well-being are our top priority. That includes your financial well-being. First Capital recommends these options to help make transactions and accessing your accounts easier:
- Check your accounts electronically with online banking
- Pay your bills electronically by using our online bill pay
- Check your transactions with our mobile banking app and deposit checks using our Mobile Check Deposit
- Utilize our ATMs to take out money or deposit checks. For a list of surcharge free ATMs, please visit: https://www.firstcapitalfcu.com/services-tools/electronic-services/surcharge-free-atms.html
- Night Drop Depositories are available at all locations
- Loan applications can be submitted online at www.firstcapitalfcu.com or through our Contact Center – once submitted, one of our dedicated Member Service Team members will contact you
- All-The-Time Teller (Telephone banking) is available for your use, just call 717.764.4852 or 800.858.0544 to get started
- Senior members or those needing personalized service can request an appointment by calling us at 717.767.5551 or 800.893.2328
If you are experiencing a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 outbreak, please know that First Capital has options to assist you like our skip-a-pay program and overdraft protection. Please call our offices at 717.767.5551 or 800.893.2328 to speak with a Member Service Team Member. Our Contact Center is fully staffed and can help you with any questions you may have. Please rest assured our credit union is safe and sound and your money is well protected.
Thank you for your membership and stay safe!-March 18, 2020
What is First Capital doing about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
We would like to let all members know First Capital is closely monitoring the current situation regarding the COVID-19. And, our team is focused on the health and safety of our employees and members. We want to assure you that First Capital is following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines (see below) to respond to the potential public health threat posed by the virus appropriately.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Washing your hands often. This is especially important after using an ATM.
For more information and the full list of recommendations, please see the CDC guidelines.
We are here for you!
At this time, we are keeping regular business hours. As a precaution, we are encouraging employees to increase sanitizing efforts in high-touch areas inside our branches.
If possible, we recommend that you use Online, Mobile, and Telephone Banking as your primary channels to conduct business. You can access your account from home 24/7 using Online or Mobile Banking to view transactions, check balances, deposit a check, make payments, and more. Additionally, if you are concerned about coming into the branch, we recommend you utilize our drive-thru or night depository.
If you've been impacted by COVID-19 and experiencing financial challenges, please know that First Capital has options to assist you like our skip-a-pay program and overdraft protection.
Our website or Facebook page is the best place to find the most up to date information related to First Capital actions in the coming weeks and months, including any changes or service interruptions that affect members.
If you have any questions specifically about your accounts, give us a call at 800.893.2328 or 717.767.5551.
Thank you for your membership and stay safe!
-March 13, 2020