When federal aid just isn't enough, First Capital Federal Credit Union can help
The cost of college continues to rise, making it harder to afford. At First Capital Federal Credit Union, we're committed to helping students find the best funding for their education. First Capital partners with other credit unions across the country to offer the Credit Union Student Choice Loan Program. This student loan partnership allows First Capital to offer an affordable solution and a way to fill the gap that federal aid doesn't cover. This program could help thousands of families save money with low interest rates and no origination fees.
As not-for-profit lenders, credit unions have a distinct advantage over other lenders because we are willing to cooperate and pool our resources in order to offer students and parents an alternative or better way to pay for college. You'll get significant cost-savings by choosing First Capital's student loan over other lenders.
- No origination fees
- Lower interest rates
- Line of credit up to $75,000
- Apply only once
- Deferment of principal and interest while in school
- Flexible repayment terms including graduated repayment for two years
- Servicing retained for the life of the loan - never sold
- Easily apply online or by phone at (866) 686-6858
Requirements before applying for Credit Union Student Choice loan
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Before applying and filling out a FAFSA found at fafsa.ed.gov, apply for your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at pin.ed.gov. Your PIN serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records.
- Apply for scholarships - you may be eligible for many of them.
- Check with your college financial aid office for listings.
- Free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school including a financial aid and scholarship wizard can be found at studentaid.ed.gov.
- Take the maximum amount of Federal Stafford Loans before applying for a Student Choice Loan.
Apply for a loan through Credit Union Student Choice today!
You can also apply for a First Capital Scholarship! Learn more about First Capital Scholarships.