Member Service Officer (MSO)
First Capital is seeking a full-time Member Service Officer. Member Service Officers (MSOs) are a vital part of our member service team and play a crucial role in helping our branches meet their goals.
As an MSO, you will be a champion for helping members become more engaged with the credit union through the "You First" principles of service which include engaging members in conversation to assess needs, clearly explaining the features and benefits of our products and services and successfully building and nurturing long term relationships with members and their businesses.
Embrace and demonstrate the "You First" member service principles for providing excellent member service. Possess knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to identify member needs and guide them to products that will provide real solutions, foster the general well-being of members by responding to loan requests promptly and professionally, resolve problems and develop productive relationships that instill confidence and build trust.
Commitment to Quality
Accurately and efficiently conduct a variety of processes including credit interviews, approval or denial of credit applications and maintenance and closure of all loan and deposit products. MSOs also display a thorough knowledge of, and comply with, all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposits and loans and adhere to credit union operational and security procedures to ensure compliance, prevent fraud and protect the assets of members and the credit union.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Two to three years of experience in a financial institution or related field
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills
• This position requires sales skills and the ability to engage members in conversation. Candidates must be willing to ask questions in order to determine needs, recommend products and services, and support overall branch goals.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include possible evening or Saturday hours based on branch needs
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to attend training courses and seminars as necessary and meet annual certification requirements
• Consumer lending experience is preferred, but not required.
First Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunities for professional growth in a team oriented, positive and supportive environment. Qualified candidates should email resume and cover letter to HR@firstcapitalfcu.com. No phone calls please.